Back of House Manager Training
SDCR offers Aloha Manager Training classes four days a week with two class sessions per day. On Mondays and Tuesdays classes are in our Long Beach office and on Thursdays and Fridays we hold class in our NEW San Diego class room. Each class runs for four hours and covers a wealth of material.
Our training is a hands on experience. Each attendee will have access to their own computer so they can follow along with the instructor.
Our Aloha Manager classes are 100% free to anyone with an active Help Desk contract! Don’t have an active Help Desk contract? Contact our Contracts department at
1(800) 683-2778 (option 7).
We offer classes for both Aloha Manager Table Service and Quick Service.
The classes currently offered are:
- Core Level 1 for Table and Quick Service – which covers:
– Signing up with NCR University
– How to navigate New Aloha Manager
– Hiring / terminating employees
– Maintaining employee records
– Understanding key concepts in Aloha Manager
– Creating new items
– Maintaining item records
– Programing printer routing for your restaurant
– The importance of categories and their effect on reports.
– Creating Submenu (Table Service) or Menu Panels (Quick Service) buttons
– Creating Modifier Groups buttons
– Introduction to New Aloha Manager’s Event Scheduler
– Basic reports: Daily Sales, Labor, Product Mix, Reprint, and Audit
– Backing up your database
– Overview of Aloha EDC (Electronic Draft Capture)
- In the Core Level 2 class the instructor will cover the following topics:
– Review the settings in the Items Database
– Review creating favorites in the New Aloha System
– Navigating and configuring Grid View mode
– Using advanced search tools in the Items Database
– Using title items as templates
– Pricing methods and their hierarchies
– Creating General Categories
– Event Maintenance
– Happy Hours, Taco Tuesday etc.
– Backing up restaurant Data
- Core Level 3 for Table and Quick Service – which covers:
– Review hiring/terminating and maintain employee records
– Create a labor schedule using the Basic Labor Scheduler
– Activate punctuality settings
– Learn how to edit employee punches from the BOH
– Create and manage break rules for paid and unpaid breaks
– Programing and controlling other wages i.e. sick pay, over time, penalty pay
– Create FOH alerts
– Set messages for employees at the FOH
– Create and manage performance measures for FOH staff
– Event Maintenance